The AHEC Scholars Program is a nationally funded program by the Health Resources and Administration Association (HRSA), aimed at strengthening health care professionals. Work with other students across the state that share your interest and passion for rural health care.
The Kentucky AHEC Scholars Program is a 2-year advanced learning opportunity which supplements classroom instruction. This prestigious program will allow students to network with other health profession students and learn how to provide care in interdisciplinary teams, while exploring current and emerging topics in health care. The AHEC Scholars Program will focus on 40 hours of experiential and 40 hours of didactic training in a rural and/or underserved area of Kentucky each year.
AHEC SCHOLARS WILL FOCUS ON THE FOLLOWING CORE TOPICS:
- Interprofessional Education
- Behavioral Health Integration
- Social Determinants of Health
- Cultural Competency
- Practice Transformation
- Current and emerging health issues
- Receive additional interprofessional training
- Earn certifications designed to prepare you to function in a value-based health care delivery system
- Earn a stipend while in your professional program
Application deadline: September 30, 2020.