Rural Health Scholars is a program designed for high school students' who live within the NE KY AHEC service region and who are interested in pursuing a health care career after high school. In order to be considered for this two-year program, students must apply during their sophomore year. Once accepted, the student will be a member of the program for both their junior and senior years.
Students meet monthly to participate in a variety of hands-on activities and discussions. To be eligible for Rural Health Scholars, a student must:
- Apply during sophomore year and live in one of the 17 counties served by NE KY AHEC
- Have an interest in pursuing a health care career after graduation
How to Apply
The following documents are required for application:
- Completed Rural Health Scholars Program Application including:
- One (1) 500-word personal essay, typed and double-spaced
- Copy of high school transcript
- One (1) completed teacher recommendation (Can be uploaded in the Jotform application or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Applications for the 2022 class of Rural Health Scholars is now open. Applications for the 2022 class will close January 31, 2020.