Northeast KY AHEC Housing Policy
The Northeast Kentucky AHEC offers a variety of off-site clinical experiences for medical, dental, nursing, pharmacy, and allied health students as well as residents at a variety of sites in our 17-county service area.
- The Northeast KY AHEC Student Services division will call and request student placement with the housing host.
- Will include student’s name, type of student, and dates of rotation.
- Upon approval from the housing host, the Student Services division will contact the student with the host’s address and contact information.
- The student will contact the host at least one week prior to his/her first day of move in to get information on what time to arrive, where to arrive, and who to meet upon arrival.
One week prior to the rotation
- Completed and sent to the Northeast Kentucky AHEC Student Services division
- Housing should be requested at time of confirmation of clinical rotation.
- If less notice is given, the Northeast KY AHEC cannot guarantee that housing will be available.
- Students may or may not be required to share accommodations with other students/residents.
- Spouses, significant others, and/or children cannot be accommodated
- NO PETS ALLOWED
- NO SMOKING ALLOWED inside or outside of housing
- If student cancels housing less than one week prior to arrival, the full amount of rent will need to be paid to the housing host.
- If student should obtain his/her own housing, the student is responsible for the extra cost over the stipend given by his/her institution.
- Students will conduct themselves professionally and be considerate of the house rules for the housing site.
First day of housing assignment
- Students will pay the housing host the full amount of stay.
Last day of housing assignment
- Students are to return keys to the housing host.
Students not compliant with the requirements listed above:
- First offense will be issued a written warning.
- Any other offense after the first will result in the loss of housing privileges and the student’s educational institution will be notified.
- UK students receive their reimbursement for housing directly from the UK AHEC Office. Please refer to the guidelines in the UK AHEC Rotation Information.
- UofL students receive their reimbursement for housing directly from the UofL AHEC office. Students can obtain forms and information from the UofL AHEC web page.
- While on rotation, contact the Northeast KY AHEC Student Services division for any difficulties or problems related to housing.